An Odd Week


I don't want to bore you with tales of how I've had a cold which turned into something nastier so please scroll down to miss out this bit if you like, I won't mind! :)
 I very rarely go to the doctors and prefer to wait for my body to heal itself but this time the pain I'd developed in my back was so relentless day and night I had to at least find out what was causing it. 


It turned out to be something called sacroilitis. There was no escape from the severe pain unless I stood up or walked when it would then change to an ache which was more bearable.


Anyway, the doctor prescribed strong painkillers and anti inflammatories which made me feel like I was in a dream. I couldn't do any 'proper' painting because when I do a painting, it takes a lot of time and concentration so instead I sat briefly each day and made a drawing.


 The drawings you see here are the ones I did during this time. I did one each day starting from day one with the picture at the top of the post.


I've had to stop taking the tablets because I started to get bad side effects but my back's a lot better now.
So that was my very strange week!


It's been a while since I've listed and sold my paintings on Ebay so I thought it was about time I gave it another go. I'm selling my 7 x 9 inch mounted watercolours. They're all ready mounted and measure 7 x 9 inches. If you'd like to buy an original painting for a christmas gift, this could be your chance to find one at a very affordable price!
This 'Gypsy Caravan' painting above can be found here if you'd like to have a look. :)
Here are the paintings I'm listing for sale, please click on the links underneath each one to take you to their Ebay page:





 Thankyou for looking and sorry about the medical details, I hope it wasn't too much information for you! ;)
Have a good week! xx



Comments

martinealison said…
Bonjour chère amie,

Je suis désolée d'apprendre que vous étiez souffrante. Je vous souhaite un prompt rétablissement. Je comprends aisément que lorsqu'on n'est pas pas bien on ne puisse pas créer convenablement.
En ce qui me concerne, ces derniers jours sont assez difficiles également. J'ai un rein qui me fait énormément souffrir et je dois subir une intervention chirurgicale ce 9 novembre prochain.
Je voulais aujourd'hui débuter le croquis d'une prochaine peinture mais je n'y suis pas parvenue ! Je pense que mon esprit est rappelé à l'ordre par la douleur au lieu de s'échapper...

J'adore chacune des oeuvres que vous nous dévoilez aujourd'hui. Un véritable régal pour les yeux et l'âme.
Bravo chère amie ! vous êtes talentueuse...

Je m'en vais rêver...

❀ ✺ ❀ Gros bisous ❀ ✺ ❀
denthe said…
So sorry to hear about your back-problems! But it led to some fabulous drawings. Love them!
Dearest Jess, take the time necessary to get well! Your work is so gentle, how I enjoy viewing it.
Gretel said…
That sounds nasty - I am glad you are feeling a little better. Quite interesting what the artist can produce when the mind is altered, one way or another (I get my best ideas when I am barely awake). Hopefully you got something for your misery, if only some new sketches! X
rossichka said…
Drawing every day,no matter the pain?... You are a very strong person, Jessie! I do believe you'll come back to normal soon! Your sketches and drawings are wonderful, I find them different and like them a lot! There's mystery and symbols in some of them. My favourite is the Angel!:)
May November be kind to your health and mood!xx
Red Rose Alley said…
Jess, I'm so sorry to hear about your back pain. I do hope you feel better soon. I really like the first painting. It's so unusual and pretty.

Take care, and heal.

love, ~Sheri
I do hope that you are feeling better now. Sounds frightful. You are so talented, and so prolific. I find my muse rarely visits and when it does it only stays a short time. I love these drawings. x
Tammie Lee said…
I am sorry you have not been well. Sounds a bit like me, a cold in both eyes and sciatica. darn and drat. I am glad you are feeling better. i love the sketches you did during that time. striking. all your are is a joy to see.
Dear Fireflies said…
I saw these drawings on Instagram and I did think how beautifully "different" they look from your usual work...so that's why! I do hope you're well now, Jess. I don't know how you feel about your drawings, but I love them! Sometimes the least pleasant things can bring something wonderful. ;)
Paper rainbow said…
I am so sorry you haven't been well. Back pain is horrendous I really hope you are feeling better. Your sketches are beautiful they look light and fresh. I think you should draw more often as they are delightful.

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out