Busy Easter Hols.


Hello there, It feels like ages since I've made a blogpost! The Easter holidays were very busy for me with family visits and lots of errands to catch up with.
There was a garden to tidy...

It's a fantastic view from this garden in more ways than one because I can see both Youngest son's flat and Middle daughter's flat from here PLUS the pretty harbour of course!.
The apartment that this garden belongs to is let out to guests most of the time but it's nice to come here and enjoy the view when jobs need doing.


A working visit to Exeter just had to include a visit to my favourite cafe there,



Their food is delicious and it's so beautiful in every room, even the garden is lovely and colourful as you can see from my photo above. The main attraction for me is their art exhibitions that they have in the upstairs room. 

Back at home again and Eldest daughter and her babies came to stay and we had a day out at a local country park where the children were allowed in to groom the ponies.



It was hot and sunny, so unexpected after all the wind we've been getting up until then!


I'm hoping to be able to do some more painting soon. Today I''m posting several paintings to Germany and the USA, it's so exciting to think of them going to their new homes across the world!

A heartfelt thanks to my lovely customers, past, present and future! xx


Comments

CJ said…
What a stunning view from that garden, absolutely gorgeous. It sounds as though you had a wonderful Easter, I'm very glad. And how lovely that your paintings are going so far away. You've gone international! CJ xx
Red Rose Alley said…
Jess, what a cute picture of your daughter and her babies. Is that your house overlooking the harbor, it's so lovely? You know, I have that same red tea cup.

It looks like your granddaughter is having fun petting the pony. Me and my son went to the zoo today and I took lots of pictures. You're never too old to admire the animals. :~)

love, ~Sheri
My goodness, I would be singing and dancing and smiling from ear to ear on a holiday as such! Pony grooming? I am IN! I so want to be around ponies and horses....and the sea! Jess, it looks like you had a splendid time! Welcome back! Anita
Paper rainbow said…
Lovely to have you back! What a fantastic view. Reminds me of wonderful cornish holidays when the children were small. Eating ice cream on the harbour front... Happy memories! Glad you enjoyed your break. :)
Tammie Lee said…
so many wonderful photos and good times. thanks for sharing. i love all the house photos.
denthe said…
oh, I'd love to have that view from my garden. It looks like holidays... Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures.
Tracie Nelson said…
You live in a very colorful place! Very pretty.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful pictures. What fun with the grandchildren.
What a lovely holiday you've had, Jess. And I LOVE the little tea set! :)
Sweet Jess! HELLO! Thank you for coming to visit my blog! Those photos I took of the cottages? Those are in my neighborhood here in Minneapolis, Minnesota! Nice, huh?

Wishing you a fantastic weekend! Anita
sarah said…
What a perfect view, encompassing family as well as other beauties. I loved the pictures of cottages in your previous post too :-)
rossichka said…
I'm glad you've had a lovely Easter holidays - rich of emotions, colours and events! That little garden with the fantastic view seems perfect for relax!
It must be very exciting to visit your children and their families! The little ones are so sweet!:)
I've also visited my son... in England!:D You can read about my journey in my blog...

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out