I'm Knitting Again


I don't know if you remember but some months ago I started knitting with some lovely green yarn to make a short sleeved cardigan from this pattern. It's been a while since I did any more to it but now it's finished at last!
I made it to go with my summer skirts that each have a touch of the same grassy green in them. The weather's a bit too cold for cotton skirts now but I think this might go very nicely with warmer clothes too.


After the joyless joining of pieces, (yes I love the knitting part but hate the sewing-together torture.) I really needed to make something that didn't involve fiddley ends so my next project is knitted all in one piece. It's a cowl scarf from this pattern and it's done on a round needle, something I've never used before, in fact I didn't even know they existed until I read that's what I needed to make it!
No pieces to join together at the end - oh bliss! :)

Can I also say thankyou to Yvonne from Coramantic who kindly posted my paintings on her blog today. Go and see her lovely art too!

Comments

Nadia said…
That looks nice Jess!! Wish I could knit.
Yvonne Stewart said…
It's gorgeous, lovely colour combination, I love green too! Look forward to seeing your cowl scarf x
Jess said…
It's never too late Nadia! :)
Rose said…
Very pretty! I used to knit a lot when I was in my 20s, but for some reason I never seem to have time these days. I should take it up again... it's a great way to relax.
HollywoodHasMe said…
That sweater is amazing !

I swear,if you did not mention you
knitted it yourself,I would have
assumed it was store bought.

Must have taken you a long time
to finish,but well worth it,looks great on you,and goes well with your
skirt.

Take care.
Introverted Art said…
Jess, I love the new colors of the yarn you got. The blues, greens, purples on it are amazing.
Country Rabbit said…
ive been catching up jess- love the knitting- lovely yarn, your studio and artwork sooo lovely xxxx
Micki Wilde said…
ooh you are clever!! you make me a bit jealous with all your various talents.
Kim Mailhot said…
Love the sweater. The cowl colors are gorgeous !
Also loving the whiskers ! I am so in love with my cozy ktties here these days, as the evenings are dark and cold and a kitty in your lap is the best !
Happy Knitting !
Kyra Wilson said…
Nice job! I simply don't have the patience for knitting. Took me years to do a single scarf. *cringe*
Victoria said…
Yay..so wonderful..what a gorgeous color..I love it! I have always wanted to knit..maybe one day! I will check out her blog..awesome!
Victoria
I always find it amazing when I see a sweater or complicated things that was knit with their own two hands....this looks great! The blue colors are def. you. I love your cat women below too.
Victoria Stitch said…
I've just started knitting again recently too. thing is, the only thing I know how to knit is a scarf! I wish I knew now to make jumpers and cardigans. Yours is gorgeous!
Beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern and, well, everything! And, like most knitters, I'm with you on the construction part. That's why I always sew pieces together the moment I've finished knitting some parts. To get it over with and immediately get that excitement of seeing it all come together:)

I'm currently knitting a houndstooth coat. I reckon I'm about halfway there.

Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

Two Birds Colourful Painting