Illustration Friday 'Shy'


'Shy' for Illustration Friday.

My white kitty in the picture is too shy to tell you her name. I was like that when I was a child. I used to hate adults asking me, especially having an unusual name like Jessica, I found it excruciatingly embarrassing! Who'd have known it's become such a popular name nowadays? Of course I like having that name now and don't mind in the least being asked but that doesn't actually happen very often any more.

I've had a busy few days painting owls and cats but I haven't forgotten that I've promised a give-away really soon!

I shall be back :)

Comments

Carol said…
Oh what sweet cats, perfectly illustrating their shyness.
Carol xx
Jess said…
Thankyou Carol. :)
Tammie Lee said…
so adorable!
i never thought of Jessica as a unusual name, it is lovely.

I love your new avatar image, beautiful autumn colors!
Els said…
Lovely kitties Jess, great body language !
Unknown said…
this is so sweet and charming, i love cats and totally LOVE this painting.

by the way had to scroll up quickly when i saw that freaky halloween mask eeek !!!
Kyra Wilson said…
I agree, perfect shy! :) I hated when people asked my name too, because no one ever got it right (and it's so awful to have to correct an adult!) Now, I just nod. I figure they won't remember my name next time we meet anyway! LOL
Ana M.F. said…
Super cute cats ♥
martinealison said…
Une bien tendre illustration... Je l'adore et cela fait du bien à admirer... J'aime l'effet de l'ombre dans votre pré...
Un minou aux yeux verts et une minette aux yeux bleus, les yeux des amoureux!
Gros bisous

Ma fille se prénomme "Fauve" et elle aussi petite fille détestait son prénom. Aujourd'hui elle l'accepte bien et il lui va à merveille. A l'époque de sa naissance, il avait fallu que j'aille au Tribunal pour le faire accepter.
Jess said…
Thanks Tammie, it was rare in this country when I was a child but nowadays it seems everyone has that name! :

Thankyou Els. :)

Thanks Heidi! I must tell you that isn't a mask it's a sculpture! :)

Thanks Ana :)

Merci Martine, Fauve is a lovely name. :)

Thanks so much Michelle.

xx



Popular posts from this blog

More Cottages During Lockdown and a Change in Medium.

Illustration Friday: Confined

A Day Out